Sunday, August 14, 2011

Today is Papa's 12th

Today, August 14, 2011, marks the 12th death anniversary of my father..

Time flies fast.  But I still vividly remember that one fateful Saturday morning when my brother and I got a call that we needed to go home fast.

Since there was still no flights then from Cebu to Surigao, we proceeded to SuperCat Terminal and tried to book tickets for ourselves, but to no avail.  At that time, there was already a number of passengers who trooped to the pier.  They were on their way to Maasin... for a fiesta celebration.  And of course, they were in a festive mood while trying to outwit one another in securing those elusive gold tickets.  :(

I wanted to explain to the ticketing officer the urgency of our trip.  But then, a part of me was in denial that something bad was already happening at home.  In short, I closed my mouth, let the nature took its course, and let that chance fade..

Thereafter, my brother and I parted ways.  He went off somewhere while I went back to the boarding house... and waited...  Few minutes after, I got a dreaded call from him... that papa was gone...

I don't know how my landlady and my boardmate came to know about the bad news in just a few minutes.  I just heard them knocking at the door while calling my name.  I locked myself in, unmindful of them, cried endlessly.. and wished papa would see me for one last time... to say his last goodbye...

To this day, that memory still brings me to tears..  To this day, I still miss papa.. But then, I just console myself in knowing that someday, we will meet again...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails