Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Septic Review

Before I totally forget about what my classmates and I watched on the big screen almost a month ago, let me just blog about it. (I hope the grimy look of the ticket, shown at the left side of this post, achieved its purpose of being an effective visual aid. LOL)

The film entitled, "Ang Babae sa Septic Tank" was the first indie movie that I watched.  I got curious about it when I saw its banner being prominently displayed at CCP where hubby and I happened to pass by on our our way to Malate one Saturday evening.  I learned later that entry films for the 7th Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival were featured at CCP during that week.

Since our professor was not around that Sunday morning, my classmates and I trooped to SM Manila and waited for its 1st showing.  Thanks to She-Ann, we had free popcorns, which my other classmates stopped munching when the camera started rolling and focused towards yucky scenes. Hahaha!

This film is not a typical Filipino movie, it does not lead to the usual happy ending.  After the show, it will just leave everybody thinking.  Also, I must say, Eugene Domingo is so amazing!  She really deserves that Best Actress award.

That film is a whole new experience for me.  A movie buff that I once was, I just wonder, when would my next indie movie-watching be?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails