Monday, June 21, 2010

So Long, Ate Paz

I received a phone call just a few minutes earlier from a colleague and told me the sad news: an officemate has already passed away.  Although it was already expected, as she had been diagnosed with a terminal illness some weeks before, I could not help but still feel a painful sense of loss for Ate Paz.

Just last Friday night, my two officemates and I proceeded to hospital to visit her.  She was already in state of comatose.  Upon seeing her, I almost cried.  I immediately reminded myself that I am neither a kapamilya nor a close friend, hence I was able to keep my tears from falling.  But still, I was depressed. (This explains why I can never qualify as a doctor or a nurse).

I knew her for barely three years only but the impact she had on me lingers on.  She was the only spinster I have ever known who has no attitude problem.  She could crack jokes and could easily join along (which is amazing to me because she always projected a serious aura).  I learned later that she had been a close buddy to her teenage nephews and nieces.

Ate Paz, may you rest in peace...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails