Thursday, June 3, 2010

Luggage I Found

I recently lost a traveling bag.  I realized how important it is after it was gone.  That 12-year old bag had its sentimental value to me.  I was still connected with my first job then at a private auditing firm in Cebu when I bought it for a month-long training in Makati.

Being thrifty that I always am, it took me days before I finally decided to have it for myself.  That Voyager bag was my first so-called investment as I spent more than 2.5 grand (US$53) for it.  Cheap?  If based on today's standards, yes!  But going back 12 years before, it was already expensive for me considering that I was still striving as a new associate then.

Fast forward, I recently went to 168 Shopping Mall.  I chanced upon this shop which sells traveling bags.  I found this red trolley bag which can also serve as backpack and overnight bag.  It was priced at P1,500 (US$32) but I was able to haggle and save 40% off the regular price!  That's what I love about shopping in 168 Shopping Mall!  It is where you learn to polish the art of haggling.

That bag was cute alright, but it was too small for a traveling bag.  I still miss my old bag...


Now, I'm planning to purchase a new traveling bag.  This time I would like a real big trolley bag, which I can use when I go on vacation for a week or more.  As with my old bag, it should be durable enough to hold my voluminous clothes as up to now, I still don't know how to travel light.  But most importantly, price should be reasonable so as not to ruin my budget for a grand vacation.

When would that be?  Maybe soon...? ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails