Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Popo's 100th

Today is not just Andres Bonifacio's birthday.  Today would have marked the 100th birthday of my paternal grandfather also named Andres, whom we, the grandchildren, fondly called him as our "popo".

When I googled popo's name just to try to check out his year of birth, I was surprised to find it online, considering that, when popo passed away more than a decade ago already, internet was still not popular then.  If my memory serves me right, I was still in college then.  Internet was something that was foreign to me that I was trying hard to explore when I already started working.  So, you just can imagine..

Popo lived with us during my childhood years.  I remember him as soft-spoken, silent, and good-natured person.  When he died, it was the first time that I saw my father cried.. :(

To popo, happy birthday!  Please take care of papa.. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails