Monday, November 14, 2011

Miles..

I have mentioned in my other blog that due to unbelievably peak-season ticket fares, I might just take a RORO or SuperFerry just to reach my hometown in time for Christmas.  (I'm not kidding! Maybe a little adventure is what I really need..)

Well, I've thought of another option.  That is, to use the Mabuhay Miles I earned from riding PAL planes.  It wasn't that much though considering that I rarely travel nowadays and if I do travel, PAL is no longer a practical choice.

Thus, without further delay I dialed the customer service and the first problem (take note, it's just FIRST of many) I encountered was that there is no PAL plane servicing Surigao.  In other words, I do not have any recourse but to take the Butuan route.

Next problem: they no longer have slots for economy class, only for business class.  As I was wondering what a smaller plane could provide to business class passengers, I innocently asked, what's the difference? Accordingly, I will have a special seat and more leg room.  I thought to myself, who cares?  And I would be using an additional 2,000 miles for that?  Not worth it.  If only they would at least offer a front view of the horizon, say, a seat at the cockpit.  Hehehe

3rd problem:  I am short of almost 3,000 miles!  How's that?  I almost fell from my chair.  How could that be?  When I checked my latest statement of account sent to my email about four months ago, here's what I found out:

I lost 728 miles!  I would not have allowed it to happen had it not that at that time, I was so busy with everything.  Tsk! Tsk!

It's only 728 miles anyway, I consoled myself.  But when I checked my account online, I realized I did not only lose 728 miles but a total of 2,767 miles! Whooa!  That's more than enough to cover my shortage of miles!

There's no use crying over spilled milk.  And so, I told the customer service representative that I will just have the points, earned from using my HSBC credit card, converted to Mabuhay Miles.

Now for the 4th problem, I can't have the reservation made not unless I have enough miles from my account.  In other words, they will have to wait for the points-to-miles conversion.

5th problem:  Processing of conversion will take at least ten days.

 
6th problem:  They cannot assure me if there will still be available slots after ten days.

Now, therefore, I, Gay, might... just... take... the RORO! Huhuhu! Hehehe! ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails