Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Gift Check

Just this morning, the courier handed me an envelope containing my two-P500 gift check.  Let me tell you why:


I recently got a bill from my Metrobank credit card charging me of the annual fee (please see my related post on this).  Sad to say, unlike citibank's, the customer service representative did not offer me anything to entice me (perhaps an all-expense paid trip to Hongkong would do. hehehe) to keep my card active. waaah!

Hence, I did not have any choice but to cancel my card.  But not before I redeem the reward points I earned from using the card.  I was surprised that I was still able to earn points just enough to have it exchanged for a reward item considering that I rarely use my Metrobank credit card.

I was torn between getting a flat iron, an oven toaster, and a P1,000 gift certificate.  If I chose the latter, I would not be able to maximize the points I earned which is a little higher than the equivalent points for said item.  But still, I opted for it.  Never mind the missed points, I said to myself.  I have a better use for a gift check rather than those other items.

Lesson learned:  To accumulate higher rewards points, I should have maintained only one credit card. Huh?!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails