Monday, March 19, 2012

Watch? Or Cellphone?

I'm not fond of wristwatches (that may be the reason why almost all of my time pieces were given to me, a.k.a. donated).  Hence, when I was asked by Eastwest Bank to choose between a wristwatch and cellphone (as their freebie for a new credit card), I immediately opted for the latter.

Just this morning, I finally received my new credit card.  Attached with it was a voucher (see image on the right) that says, I may claim either a Timex Marathon T5K367 wristwatch or a Samsung E1080 cellphone.

The wristwatch looks cute.  As I wondered how much is its cost in the market, I then googled for Timex Philippines and found the contact number of its branch nearest my office, at SM Mall of Asia.  The person I talked to asked me first if I was referring to the Eastwest credit card promo before answering my inquiry.  Accordingly, the watch is priced at P2260+.

Since I already knew that the phone sells at around P1200, I begin to doubt whether the Timex man was telling the truth.  If the watch was indeed priced at P2260+, then why a big price disparity between the cost of two freebie items?

If you were asked to choose between a valuable item and a less-valuable item, common sense would tell you to take the former, wouldn't you?  To solve the problem, I inquired the phone's market value online and found this:
 It does not however include shipping fees.  But then, I still wonder..

I guess I will just have to go to the mall and verify it myself before making a decision between - a wristwatch or a cellphone. :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

what did u choose?

Unknown said...

Someone called me offering the same thing. But the caller was using a postpaid number from Globe. The rep is now asking me to send specimen signatures at ew4@gracall.net. is this authentic?

r@!nyd@ys said...

I'm curious as well what did you choose? as i was offered the same thing.. hope you can help me with this as well...thanks

guia77 said...

i chose the watch. it's more expensive than the cellphone. nowadays, market value of the latter is around P600 or less. and i don't think the cost of the watch is anywhere near that value. probably much higher..
as to the specimen signatures, no i was not asked for it. what for are the specimen signatures? be careful in giving your personal information. it might be used against you. God bless! :)

Anonymous said...

I was offered the same thing too. i had my card and the voucher.. but no one ask for my signature.. they just do some background checking in our main office.

Anonymous said...

and where did you redeemed the watch?

guia77 said...

good thing nobody asked for your signature. considering that you have already your card and voucher, i guess it is a legit promo. on the other hand, i assumed background checking was made prior to the granting of the credit card, right? otherwise, hmmm.. (fingers crossed).

re redemption shop, i got my watch from glorietta, as no other nearby branch had available stock of my preferred shade at that time. hope that helps. happy redeeming! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails