Friday, February 17, 2012

Post-valentine Moment

Despite my busy schedule, yesterday, I finally had the chance to watch again one of my favorite movies, The Notebook.  If I'm not mistaken, I first watched it at the big screen, with ex-hubby.  Come to think of it, I watched a romance movie with an unromantic companion.  Sad fact... :(

But that did not hinder me from going gaga over this movie. Here are some of its memorable quotes:
"So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What's it look like? If it's with him, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again. If I thought that's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out."
"My Dearest Allie. I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it's over between us. I'm not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I'll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever. I love you. I'll be seeing you. Noah"
 What struck me most was the final scene wherein Noah did not leave Ally and even joined her to her death..

Truly two thumbs up for this movie..

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails