Saturday, October 30, 2010

All Saint's Day Woes

I might not be able to go home next week in time for All Saints' Day.  I already bought my round-trip ticket as early as May.  However, due to circumstances beyond my control as we will be having a meeting anytime next week in preparation for another special audit engagement, I might just let go of my chance to take a short vacation in Surigao.

The problem now is, I don't want to be away from home during either All Saints' Day or All Souls' Day.  I had tried that once when I was still based in Cebu City.  It was eerie.  It seemed that the souls had their way of letting their presence known during their special day.

In my case, it was thru a nightmare.  When I woke up, all I could remember in my dream was "a message  needs to be relayed to Rose".  I don't know who Rose is.  It turned out that "Rose" actually lived in the house where I was residing at.  Until this day, the mystery has not been solved.

 On the other hand, just last year, exactly a day after All Souls' Day, the utility woman assigned in our building suddenly changed her schedule from night time to day time of collecting trash from unit owners.  We found out later that somebody poke her on the night of All Souls' Day at the 3rd floor of the building.  Nobody was around then...   It has been said that a white lady was frequently seen at the 3rd and 4th floors of our building.

Although I live at the 2nd floor, who knows that white lady might want to explore and try the lower floors?  Yay!  I guess I should now think seriously about going home...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails