Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm Glad We Didn't Make It

Photo source: goway.com
About two months ago, my sister prodded me to check on the rates for a Hongkong holiday package tour.  Our travel was supposed to be scheduled either at the end of August or 1st half of September.  I even inquired thru my fellow blogger, nikki, who had recently been in Hongkong, about the cost.  She was kind enough to provide me the needed information including the contact no. of her travel agency.

However, the time in our hands was not sufficient for us to properly plan and prepare for the family trip.  I, on the other hand, was not so keen on applying for another vacation leave as I have tons of workload impatiently waiting for me at the office.

Then, it happened.  The August 23 hijacking incident at Quirino Grandstand.  Days after, we watched and listened to various horror stories about how emotional was some of the Chinese that they turned their outrage to the Filipinos in Hongkong.

So sad.  Selfish as one might think, I'm just thankful that my family and I were not able to make it to Hongkong.. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails