Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Not Another Ondoy Again...

An officemate just texted that work is again suspended, for second consecutive day.  I was ecstatic!  That would mean, I will wake up late again tomorrow morning.  That would mean also that I would just snuggle in bed with hubby while watching a number of movies all day through.

But then, just thinking of the plight of our fellowmen who are now suffering from the ravages of this so-called natural phenomenon, I felt a rash of guilt.  It was selfish of me to think only of myself in the midst of this crisis.  In fact, at 3 o'clock this morning, I witnessed my neighbors who kept on vigil at the possibility of floodwaters seeping through their units.

I felt so helpless.  For now, what I can only do is to offer prayers for the safety of everyone..

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails