Monday, July 5, 2010

Taxi Receipt

About two weeks ago, I took a taxi on my way home from office.  Just to kill time, I started to strike a conversation with the driver since traffic was already building up along edsa extension anyway.  The driver was polite and was even patient enough to explain to me that the taxi meter he is using is not an ordinary device as it shows not only the fare but also the mileage consumed including the waiting time when the taxi is on halt.

I was even surprised that the taxi driver issues an official receipt.  For more than two years that I have been living here in the metro, it was my first time to see an official receipt generated from the taxi meter.  I also found out that the distance from my office to my residence is about 9.3kilometers (which is already considered far, if based on my hometown's standards).

If only all taxi drivers were as honest as that driver who ferried me home, the world would be a better place.. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails