Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Tribute To My Mama

While everyone else is going gaga over the results of the Philippines' national and local elections, let me just post here the text message I sent to my mama last Sunday in time for the celebration of Mother's Day.  (Warning:  Cheesy and sentimental as it may sound but please remember, this is my blog. :)  Here it is:
Ma, happy mother's day.  You are the best mother in the whole world.  I won't replace you for anything else.  You are my best friend.  I hope you will forgive me for all the heartaches that I caused you and papa.  I love you ma.  Mwah!
(In photo:  Mama with her eldest granddaughter, Zhea)

It took me a whole lot of courage to send that short text to her.  Already sobbing uncontrollably while composing that message, I even hesitated whether to push through as I am not that expressive as I would like to be.  Nevertheless, it's all worth it.  She replied with a joke and that, is already enough for me to get the message across... of how much she appreciated that simple gesture of love and care from a daughter who is miles away...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails