Thursday, April 29, 2010

Rainy Days Are Here Again?

I was greeted by a cool breeze when I got out from the office last night. Few minutes after, heavy rains fell. I thought it was just one of the ironic twists of the El Niño phenomenon.

But then just after lunch, I heard my officemate mentioned that somebody just got drenched in the rain. Too busy to even check the weather thru the window outside, I continued with my preaudit task.

However at about 3pm+, I happened to glance at my pc's monitor.  There, the weather reported a 28 degrees celsius temperature for metro manila.  This is good news!

But when I checked the weather at the pag-asa website, the reason why metro manila is experiencing a ceasefire from El Niño is due to the fact that there is a low pressure area (LPA) which was estimated "based on satellite and surface data at 310 km northwest of Puerto Princesa City".

As much as I would like to be worried with the possibility of LPA developing into a typhoon, just the mere thought of  the unbearable hot weather gives me a selfish excuse to rejoice despite the threat of another possible calamity.

Well, prayer is still the best weapon in combating disasters, whether man-made or otherwise.

For the meantime, I would just like to hold on to my pocket and defer my plan of buying a cooler fan while savoring aircon-free nights at home.

This must be my cue now to wrap up and head towards my waiting sanctuary. Until then!

Ciao!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails