Saturday, October 31, 2015

Never Again!

Today is the last day of voters' registration, unless COMELEC would decide to extend the deadline for a few more days.  That is, if they would consider the recent influx of prospective voters at the registration centers such as what I saw in SM MOA yesterday.



I almost got myself unregistered because of that.  If not for the declaration of half day work yesterday, my chances of going to SM MOA for that purpose would have been nil.  And mind you, I felt like a ping-pong ball being tossed by the guards when I asked for directions to the satellite registration center.  I was already worried then as it was almost 5pm and I knew the registration center would be open only up to 6pm that day.  Alas, when I found the place, the door was already closed as they only accommodated a maximum number of 800 registrants.  I was advised to come back early the following day.  I asked how early, and the lady guard answered that there was already a queue as early as 4am.  What?!  And to make matters worse, the giving out of priority numbers starts at 830am, while the processing commences at 9am. Que horror!

No, I'm not going to make a sacrifice just like that.  Never again!  I would have registered long time ago and not waited for a few days before the deadline, if not for the hectic schedule.  I didn't had the chance to register when a registration activity was scheduled right within the convenience of our condominium as I was just leaving for Rome then.  Nor was the time when the same was also previously scheduled in SM MOA.  Blame it to my confusion with the date.  And when I learned from the local COMELEC office that  they will have another schedule in SM MOA on the last week of October, I just waited for that.  And the half day work yesterday would have been the perfect time for me..


While I was staring at the signages, a man approached me and asked if I would want to register.  When I said yes, he then gave me a piece of paper, which says "357".  I realized it was a priority number!  He then advised me to immediately go inside the center and do my thing.  So, I flashed the paper at the guard and he then let me in.  Inside, the line was looooong!  I wanted to back out as I remember the traumatic experience I went through when I registered in Taguig six (6) years ago.  I just held on knowing that this would be my only chance..

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails